- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
18th St. to 38th St., Second Ave. to Sixth Ave.
This venue is closed.
When the sushi restaurant in their apartment building closed in 2005, mother-daughter team Rosemary and Anne Lee took matters into their own hands. After redecorating the space with sleek furniture and Asian-themed modern art, they hired chefs from Sushi Samba and Haru, rechristened the place Sushi Twist, and flung the doors open. Grateful neighbors have kept this dark, compact spot busy ever since. Despite its location on a busy, lower Madison Avenue block, Sushi Twist still feels secret, with nary a tourist in sight; the snappily dressed young professionals who live and work in the neighborhood like it that way. They also like the unpretentious, skillfully prepared sushi and well-cooked hot dishes, like tender but not-too-sweet teriyakis and marinated Korean meats called bulgogis (a tasty nod to the Lees’ heritage). Service is efficient, indulgent, and warm; special requests are graciously met without a blink from the black-clad servers.Recommended Dishes
Beef negamaki, $7; Tokyo triangle roll, $16; sashimi regular, $21
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu