Mon-Fri, 11am-2am; Sat-Sun, 10am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Though the design and vibe of Sweet Chick is generic Williamsburg kitsch, the food here is outstanding. If a hankering for buttery fried soul food can counter the ceiling chandeliers made from rusty feed troughs and water served in recycled Jim Beam bottles, you’re in business. We’re talking mac 'n' cheese that is mercifully creamy, and bacon-wrapped oysters that will make you consider ordering a second plate. And that’s just appetizers. Though a steady rotation of daily specials like roast quail on a bed of cheese grits and arugula are appealing, it’s hard to pass up the venue’s claim to fame: the fried chicken and waffle entrée. Choose either bacon and cheese waffles or rosemary and mushroom, and lather them up with an assortment of butters and syrups. Add a side of cornbread with some raspberry butter to top it all off. And if you can stomach it, no meal like this is complete without something sweet, and the bourbon double-down pecan pie might be the perfect capstone.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu