Mon-Fri, 11am-2am; Sat-Sun, 10am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
L at Bedford Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- Full Bar
Though the design and vibe of Sweet Chick is generic Williamsburg kitsch, the food here is outstanding. If a hankering for buttery fried soul food can counter the ceiling chandeliers made from rusty feed troughs and water served in recycled Jim Beam bottles, you’re in business. We’re talking mac 'n' cheese that is mercifully creamy, and bacon-wrapped oysters that will make you consider ordering a second plate. And that’s just appetizers. Though a steady rotation of daily specials like roast quail on a bed of cheese grits and arugula are appealing, it’s hard to pass up the venue’s claim to fame: the fried chicken and waffle entrée. Choose either bacon and cheese waffles or rosemary and mushroom, and lather them up with an assortment of butters and syrups. Add a side of cornbread with some raspberry butter to top it all off. And if you can stomach it, no meal like this is complete without something sweet, and the bourbon double-down pecan pie might be the perfect capstone.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s