Tue-Fri, noon-midnight; Sat, 10am-midnight; Sun, 10am-10pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Great Desserts
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Teen Appeal
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Owner and literary agent Luke Janklow (nephew of Warner Le Roy, whose Tavern on the Green and Russian Tea Room are restaurant icons) and now ex-wife opened this whimsical restaurant that inspires nostalgia for long-closed ice-cream mecca Rumpelmeyers. The two-room space has marble floors, mirrored walls, mirrored ceilings, and you can choose to sit in a a giant birdcage The American menu has a few elements of surprise: steaks, spaghetti and meatballs, caviar omelets, and pancakes for dinner. We'd like to say which one of these does not belong, but keep in mind that Luke Janklow was teething at the Russian Tea Room.The Sweetie Pig
The over-sized sundae for $75 combines eighteen scoops of ice cream, chocolate cake, bananas, strawberries, whipped cream, and homemade chocolate sauce made from melted chocolate pellets.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu