- READER REVIEWS
Swish Cafe & Shabu Shabu
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 14th St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Shabu-shabu (“swishing swishing” in English) is a one-pot Japanese dish named for the sound raw beef makes as it’s swirled through hot broth. The owners of this new NYU-area café consider it Asian fondue, and serve multiple versions of it along with the retro-trendy (and emphatically Western) cheese and chocolate varieties.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu