Mon-Fri, 5pm-11pm; Sat, 5pm-11:30pm; Sun, 11am-3:30pm and 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Taboon may be the first restaurant to coin the phrase "Middleterranean"—a hybrid of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean that makes room for global ingredients. And the name? It's the Arabic word for the domed oven used to bake the puffy house flatbread, which arrives just after you sit down, on a little butcher board. It’s piping hot and golden brown and pooled on top with extra-virgin olive oil and a sprinkling of sage, rosemary, and sea salt. “You don’t get this kind of bread at Bouley,” said a chef friend of mine, and he’s right. You can gobble it whole, or dip it in a bowl of tzatziki, or enjoy it in tandem with any one of twelve inventive varieties of meze.Extra
Live Flamenco music on Mondays beginning at 8 p.m.
Sun., 11 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
New York Magazine Reviews
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online