This venue is closed.
This colorful little storefront done up with intensely blue and yellow tablecloths, and decorated with black ceramic handicrafts from the southern state of Oaxaca, does a nice job with all the standards. The tacos, in particular, are exceptional, full of fresh flavors and high-quality meat and produce. The house version, smoky jalapeno-marinated pork, is zesty and tender; carnitas (fried pork pieces) are admirably juicy; even the vegetarian version (cabbage, mushrooms, and spinach) is commendable. And the wonderfully fresh and fragrant salsa fresca makes the perfect condiment.Recommended Dishes
"Taco Taco" tacos, $7; tacos carnitas, $7.50; vegetarian tacos, $7.50; salsa with chips, $2.50
- Scientists ‚ÄčPretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu