- READER REVIEWS
Taj Kabab & Curry
Nearby Subway Stops
G, L at Metropolitan Ave.-Lorimer St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Delivery after 10pm
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
You wouldn’t know it from the tacky Taj Mahal clip art on the huge sign outside, but Taj Kabab and Curry is a cozy spot with an extensive regional Indian menu. Dim lighting, white tablecloths, colorful mosaic lamps, and exposed brick bring a warm ambiance to the small, square dining room. The menu hops from classic curries, vindaloos, and jalfrazis to more elaborate dishes like a whole-lobster tikka masala. The usual vegetable, chicken, lamb and beef (no goat) options are mild unless requested otherwise. Regional northwestern Indian baltis and karahis require patience during preparation, but the long list of naan breads and starters will help with the wait, like a convenient sampler of hors d’oeuvres featuring a samosa, a vegetable and a banana pakora, shami kabab, and a large piece of chicken tikka. Skip the disappointingly thin mango lassi and finish instead with fried cheese balls in a sweet syrup or mango ice cream.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu