Tanti Baci Caffe
Sun-Thu, 4pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, 4pm-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, V at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Houston St. to 23rd St, Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Stepping into this small, unfussily decorated space with its brick walls, rickety tables, and gilded mirrors feels a lot like stopping by your Italian aunt’s basement apartment for satisfying specialties from the old country. Fresh salads simply dressed in lemon and olive oil make up most of the appetizers; side dishes like the saucy meatballs or bruschetta provide a heartier start. Regulars prefer panini with freshly sourced ingredients like thin-sliced prosciutto, chewy ciabatta, and creamy slabs of mozzarella. Also popular are the generous, if oversauced, bowls of pasta in which diners choose their favorite noodle (from ravioli to rigatoni) and an accompanying sauce (vongole to vodka). The housemade whole-wheat linguine with chunky homestyle Bolognese proves to be a perfect pairing. Assemble the wrong combo, though, and the staff will gently guide you toward another option. They’re only looking out for your best interests, after all—just like your Italian aunt would.Recommended Dishes
Meatballs, $7.50; whole wheat linguine Bolognese, $12.50; proscioutto and mozzarella panini, $8.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu