- READER REVIEWS
Nearby Subway Stops
R at 25th St.
- Outdoor Dining
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
The “San Francisco style Cal-Mex” burritos promised here are nothing like those handhelds typical to the Mission. This food is closer to the run-of-the-mill burrito chain variety. Filled with your choice of meat then stuffed with converted rice dotted with a frozen-vegetable medley, these burritos are wrapped and baked in the oven until the tofu sour cream curdles. In another odd nod to Mexicali as hippie grub, D.F. offers whole wheat, spinach, and tomato tortillas as well as brown rice at an additional cost. Enchiladas are dense with strands of pre-shredded cheese, plain pinto beans, and a fairly undistinguished sauce. As the restaurant's neon signs splash a pink haze over the room, South Slope’s California ex-pats will have to make do with their memories of past culinary glories.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu