Tarallucci E Vino Cafe
Mon-Tue, 7:30am-11pm; Wed-Fri, 7:30am-midnight; Sat, 8am-midnight; Sun, 8am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.; L at First Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Great Desserts
- Notable Wine List
- Outdoor Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
When Pepi di Giacomo and Luca di Pietro converted the East Village bakery that used to be Alcazar into Tarallucci e Vino, they went from selling coffee beans to brewing them. As American emissaries of Danesi, the Roman coffee roaster, they supplied Alcazar's beans, and when the space became available, they added a cozily rustic seating area and an excellent Italian-sandwich menu. Along with the namesake vino and tarallucci (the savory semolina cookies that accompany wine), you can sample an iced espresso, vigorously shaken in authentic Italian fashion, according to di Giacomo, who confides, "We're very picky about it." We bet.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s