Mon-Fri, 9am-10:30pm; Sat, 10am-10:30pm; Sun, 10am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; 1, 2, 3 at 14th St.
- Brunch - Daily
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Reservations Not Required
Leroy St. to 16th St., Fifth Ave. to Hudson St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The staff at corner-store-sized Tartine can’t be bothered to take names for the perpetual groups waiting for a seat, so be prepared to stand outside in an informal "line" that, given the restaurant’s BYOB policy, often resembles a quaint block party. Provided you don’t place a high premium on legroom or friendliness, the wait is worth it. Once you (and your wine bottle) get a table, you’ll be treated to simple, delicious French fare that is surprisingly inexpensive. It ain’t named Tartine for nothing, either—try the tarte du jour for a light lunch, or order a sweet variety for dessert.Recommended Dishes
Bouchee a la reine (chicken pot pie), $18; spicy chicken with guacamole and french fries, $20
- Fairway Market Officially Files for Bankruptcy
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online