- READER REVIEWS
The Tasting Room
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Reservations Not Required
This venue is closed.
When Colin and Renée Alevras's Tasting Room outgrew its prohibitively tiny East Village space, the couple moved the restaurant to larger premises in Nolita. They've since reopened the original location as the wine bar and café it was perhaps always meant to be, with a daily-changing blackboard menu and an all-American wine list. But the modesty of the setting can't curb Colin's aggressively seasonal, Greenmarket-dependent style, which expresses itself in rustic bar snacks like buttery heirloom popcorn, 3-Corner Field Farm's sheep's-milk-cheese-and-onion tart, and pheasant terrine with pear mustard. The café has also inherited the restaurant's custom-built Synesso espresso machine.
Best of New York Awards
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More