- READER REVIEWS
The Tasting Room
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Reservations Not Required
This venue is closed.
When Colin and Renée Alevras's Tasting Room outgrew its prohibitively tiny East Village space, the couple moved the restaurant to larger premises in Nolita. They've since reopened the original location as the wine bar and café it was perhaps always meant to be, with a daily-changing blackboard menu and an all-American wine list. But the modesty of the setting can't curb Colin's aggressively seasonal, Greenmarket-dependent style, which expresses itself in rustic bar snacks like buttery heirloom popcorn, 3-Corner Field Farm's sheep's-milk-cheese-and-onion tart, and pheasant terrine with pear mustard. The café has also inherited the restaurant's custom-built Synesso espresso machine.
Best of New York Awards
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month