- READER REVIEWS
Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles Inc.
Nearby Subway Stops
6, J, N, Q, R, Z to Canal St.
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Monroe St. to Hester St., Pike St. to Lafayette St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
In and of itself, the opening of another hand-pulled-noodle joint isn’t exactly major news. But this humble little spot has several things going for it: an open kitchen, where the young noodle-slinger is on full, athletic view as he bangs, twirls, and separates the dough into discrete strands; an extremely friendly staff who proffer apologies when your order doesn’t materialize in the standard three minutes; and table garnishes, like fresh cilantro and pungent chile oil, that transform the soup. The noodles are springy and tender, the broth meaty but not heavy in the least. And should you feel like forgoing hot soup on some occasion, we recommend the knife-peel noodles, thickish shards pan-sautéed with cabbage and scallions and topped with the protein of your choice. At $9, the eel noodle soup is the priciest thing on the menu.
- Introducing the Pie Sundae, Which You Can Go and Eat Right Now
- Café Henrie’s Light, Bright Dinner Menu Launches Tonight
- Mayor de Blasio Urges New Yorkers to Avoid Chick-fil-A
- FBI Apprehends Whole Foods Customer It Says Sprayed Mouse Poison in the Store
- Grim New Study Says Some Pacific Oysters Contain ‘a Cocktail of Pharmaceuticals’