This venue is closed.
Last year we brought word that Derek Jeter’s personal chef, Lisa Schoen (also a former executive chef at Saturday Night Live and a Chopped contestant), was opening Teqa. The man behind the project is Derek Axelrod, who became a restaurant owner after a stint in celebrity product placement at the family business, the French Connection. To lure celebs to his “taqueria/tequileria,” he’s hired John Lermayer of the Delano Hotel in Miami and Naren Young of Locanda Verde to create a beverage program worthy of the sleek interior. It’s brought to you by the same folks who designed Avenue.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella