This venue is closed.
Last year we brought word that Derek Jeter’s personal chef, Lisa Schoen (also a former executive chef at Saturday Night Live and a Chopped contestant), was opening Teqa. The man behind the project is Derek Axelrod, who became a restaurant owner after a stint in celebrity product placement at the family business, the French Connection. To lure celebs to his “taqueria/tequileria,” he’s hired John Lermayer of the Delano Hotel in Miami and Naren Young of Locanda Verde to create a beverage program worthy of the sleek interior. It’s brought to you by the same folks who designed Avenue.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu