Sun-Wed, 11:30am-11pm; Thu-Sat, 11:30am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
18th St. to 38th St., FDR Dr. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
If a Thai eatery popped up in Design Within Reach’s windows, the chill-soundtracked aftermath might look like ThaiNY. Owner Peter Chotimanenophan swears he designed all three dining areas himself—an impressive undertaking, considering the sheer number of witty, thoughtful touches. From glass-inlaid gold leaf set into each table to clever portholes exposing the kitchen, and from sharp-angled metal light fixtures to a “banquette” of giant red leather dots, ThaiNY offers a visual feast that outshines the menu. The kitchen just doesn’t have the chops to deliver on the room’s seductive promise. A green papaya salad boasts distinctive flavors, unlike most other appetizers, while “sexy duck,” with tender meat and cashews in a piquant mix of pineapple, lime juice, and ginger, proves a tasty exception among watered-down entrées. Considering that the kitchen staff hails from Thailand, the bland offerings are particularly disappointing.
- Salad Chain Literally Everyone’s Obsessed With Bans Bacon and Sriracha From Its Menus
- Lin-Manuel Miranda â€‹Finally Got His Sardi’s Portrait
- Dairy Queen Gives America ‘Ultimate Frappé’ Coffee Drinks
- GQ’s ‘12 Best New Restaurants of 2016’ Includes Wildair, Untitled, and Mimi
- Olmsted, From 3 Atera Alumni, Opens in Prospect Heights Tonight