Sun-Wed, 11:30am-11pm; Thu-Sat, 11:30am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at 28th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
18th St. to 38th St., FDR Dr. to Sixth Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
If a Thai eatery popped up in Design Within Reach’s windows, the chill-soundtracked aftermath might look like ThaiNY. Owner Peter Chotimanenophan swears he designed all three dining areas himself—an impressive undertaking, considering the sheer number of witty, thoughtful touches. From glass-inlaid gold leaf set into each table to clever portholes exposing the kitchen, and from sharp-angled metal light fixtures to a “banquette” of giant red leather dots, ThaiNY offers a visual feast that outshines the menu. The kitchen just doesn’t have the chops to deliver on the room’s seductive promise. A green papaya salad boasts distinctive flavors, unlike most other appetizers, while “sexy duck,” with tender meat and cashews in a piquant mix of pineapple, lime juice, and ginger, proves a tasty exception among watered-down entrées. Considering that the kitchen staff hails from Thailand, the bland offerings are particularly disappointing.
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic