- READER REVIEWS
The Astor Room
Tue-Thu, 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-midnight; Sun, 11:30am-3:30pm and 5pm-9pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
M, R at Steinway St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
The Kaufman Astoria Studios turned its ex-commissary into a so-called supper club, the Astor Room. Operator Christopher Vlacich (owner of nearby Piccola Venezia) oversees a menu of “‘revolutionized’ old-school dishes” created by consulting chef John Doherty (former longtime executive chef at the Waldorf) with forties-supper-club fare in mind. The cocktail list, designed by Lynnette Marrero and Jim Kearns (Freemans, Rye House), is similarly throwback, and the 32-seat Beaver Bar hosts two for one classic cocktails, beer and wine and $1 local, Pine Island oysters from 5pm-7pm.
- Here’s What to Expect When Alinea Reopens
- Raccoon Lodge Closing on June 30
- Starbucks’s Plan to ‘Revitalize’ Ferguson Might Actually Work
- Pizza Inside a Delivery Box Made of Pizza Changes Everything
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Jose Garces Opens, New New Nordic in Midtown, a 4-Star Tea Shop, and More