- READER REVIEWS
The Astor Room
Tue-Thu, 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-midnight; Sun, 11:30am-3:30pm and 5pm-9pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
M, R at Steinway St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
The Kaufman Astoria Studios turned its ex-commissary into a so-called supper club, the Astor Room. Operator Christopher Vlacich (owner of nearby Piccola Venezia) oversees a menu of “‘revolutionized’ old-school dishes” created by consulting chef John Doherty (former longtime executive chef at the Waldorf) with forties-supper-club fare in mind. The cocktail list, designed by Lynnette Marrero and Jim Kearns (Freemans, Rye House), is similarly throwback, and the 32-seat Beaver Bar hosts two for one classic cocktails, beer and wine and $1 local, Pine Island oysters from 5pm-7pm.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu