- READER REVIEWS
The Astor Room
Tue-Thu, 5pm-11pm; Fri-Sat, 5pm-midnight; Sun, 11:30am-3:30pm and 5pm-9pm; Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
M, R at Steinway St.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
The Kaufman Astoria Studios turned its ex-commissary into a so-called supper club, the Astor Room. Operator Christopher Vlacich (owner of nearby Piccola Venezia) oversees a menu of “‘revolutionized’ old-school dishes” created by consulting chef John Doherty (former longtime executive chef at the Waldorf) with forties-supper-club fare in mind. The cocktail list, designed by Lynnette Marrero and Jim Kearns (Freemans, Rye House), is similarly throwback, and the 32-seat Beaver Bar hosts two for one classic cocktails, beer and wine and $1 local, Pine Island oysters from 5pm-7pm.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s