- READER REVIEWS
The Burger Bistro
Mon-Thu, 11:30am-10pm; Fri, 11:30am-11pm; Sat, noon-11pm; Sun, noon-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Kids' Menu
- Online Ordering
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
9th St. to Atlantic Ave., Washington Ave. to First Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The original Burger Bistro in Bay Ridge combines quality ingredients with memorable touches like its best-known dish, the “donut burger.” Yet this upscale meat hut’s Park Slope branch, the chain’s second location, feels more assembly line. Maybe it’s the total lack of décor (save for a “we’re local!” mural), the familiar 90’s alt-rock soundtrack, or the service that’s something of an afterthought. However, the menu’s certainly not lacking for variety: sandwiches rove from the Buffalo turkey burger to a bunless veggie patty topped with roasted peppers and honey barbeque. And the meat between Bistro’s buns is better than it has to be, with unexpected options like bison complementing the menu’s beef, lamb, and turkey varieties. Crispy fried artichoke hearts make for surprisingly tasty starters, and lightly exotic sides include “frizzled” onions, “bread and butter” pickles, and house mayos touched by chipotle, jalapeno, or wasabi. The deep freezer renders all varieties of fries lamentably bland. Save your calories instead for the house dessert: a scoop of ice cream smashed between two big, crumbly cookies of your choice.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu