- READER REVIEWS
The Ember Room
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Theater District
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
35th St. to 55th St., Fifth Ave. to West End Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Ember Room is another restaurant with famous chefs’ names on the proverbial marquee (if not necessarily in the kitchen): Here, it’s Ian Chalermkittichai (Kittichai). A few menu items are tasty enough for Hell’s Kitcheners to crave: Chocolate ribs are not exactly a challenge to palates -- the half rack of melty pork is smothered, almost to death, by a tangy, cocoa-infused barbeque sauce; a bowl of spunky, smoky red curry hosts a tasty leg of duck confit. But watch out for misses -- a fried whole fish looks appetizing but was too soggy and lacking in flavor to excite. Aesthetically, the three-tiered space is interesting: Raw, splintery hunks of wood are pieced together on one wall, a slew of huge industrial whisks adorns another, and a stretch of tinkling temple bells span the ceiling.Recommended Dishes
Chocolate ribs, $7; red curry crispy duck confit, $16
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s