Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
In a city dotted with stereotypical Celtic bars, the owners of Ireland-based Fitzpatrick Hotels wanted to give their outdated Irish pub an update. After 14 years as Fitzers, they renovated in September 2007 to give visitors a 21st century welcome at this 44-seat lounge that serves Irish staples alongside Continental fare. The renovated space is outfitted with black lacquered tables, charcoal grey leather banquettes, and walls lined with stocked bookcases. Admittedly geared towards tourists, the food sticks to the safe side with standard but well-cooked fare. Chunks of tender crab are served in a cocktail glass over mixed greens, and juicy pan-roasted game hen is served on the bone. Irish classics like a meaty shepherd’s pie is the same recipe served at the Fitzpatrick’s Castle Hotel in Dublin. The lamb and beef stew is allowed to sit overnight, reheated and then topped with creamy mashed potatoes that are flashed under a broiler before being brought to the table. Instead of desserts, like the ice cream stuffed chocolate pyramid, which tastes like it’s straight from the Sara Lee freezer section, you’re better off with a tried-and-true cold pint of Guinness.Recommended Dishes
Shepherd’s pie, $20
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?