Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Spring St.; J, Z at Bowery; B, D at Grand St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Classic NY
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Live Music
- Notable Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Singles Scene
- Special Occasion
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
This venue is closed.
This self-proclaimed "trendy casual" restaurant on the Bowery has an "unce unce" feel to it. But though you'll have to wait a while for your table (despite having a reservation), chef Hung Huynh's modern Asian cuisine is good enough that you'll look past the smoke and mirrors. The Cinderella rice, a play on risotto with mushrooms, squash, and truffled xo sauce, is warm and comforting, and though you've probably tasted miso-glazed sea bass before, this version's as good as any. The menu also includes large-format dishes such as the Peking duck, so this restaurant's a great place to take a group for a birthday or a night out on the town. Don't ignore the sushi here: It's spiced up with ingredients like wasabi honey, wasabi avocado mousse, and jalapeño salt. The Sticky Coconut Cake, which comes with coconut water sorbet, is a perfect dessert to end a meal—it's light, refreshing, and palate-cleansing. But you should probably embrace the glitzy atmosphere and stick around for a few more cocktails.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu