The Half King
Mon-Fri, 11am-4am; Sat-Sun, 9am-4am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
When adventure journo Sebastian Junger and his partners introduced this pubby addition to the lonely corner of 23rd and Tenth, the hope was that it would become a writers' hangout. Whether that destiny has been fulfilled is questionable, but Half King does feature a Monday reading series and monthly photo-journalism exhibits, above-average pub food, a garden, and a friendlier, cooler vibe than a lot of neighborhood saloons or "writer's" hangouts, for that matter. Don't miss the classic shepherd's pie.Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Kitchen closes at 2 a.m.
Fish and chips, $18; shepherd's pie, $17; Mexican burger, $14
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More