The Half King
Mon-Fri, 11am-4am; Sat-Sun, 9am-4am
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 23rd St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
When adventure journo Sebastian Junger and his partners introduced this pubby addition to the lonely corner of 23rd and Tenth, the hope was that it would become a writers' hangout. Whether that destiny has been fulfilled is questionable, but Half King does feature a Monday reading series and monthly photo-journalism exhibits, above-average pub food, a garden, and a friendlier, cooler vibe than a lot of neighborhood saloons or "writer's" hangouts, for that matter. Don't miss the classic shepherd's pie.Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
Kitchen closes at 2 a.m.
Fish and chips, $18; shepherd's pie, $17; Mexican burger, $14
- Grub Street’s Restaurant Power Rankings: Dizengoff, Olmsted, GĂĽnter Seeger, and More
- A Trailblazing Chef Arrives in NYC With This Ambitious New Restaurant
- Sauvage, From the Maison Premiere Team, Debuts in Greenpoint
- Australia Got Its Own Naked Restaurant
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama