The Half Pint
Mon-Fri, noon-4am; Sat, 10am-4am; Sun, 10am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Outdoor Dining
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Broome St. to 8th St., Broadway to Jones St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
The mark of a serious beer bar is whether or not it carries cask-conditioned ale, and this candlelit corner, owned by the team behind midtown’s brew mecca Stout, displays its pump handle as a point of pride. For discerning imbibers, the few dozen regular taps belch out anomalies like Blue Point Toasted Lager and Lagunitas IPA as well as plain ol’ Bud or Bud Light to the NYU Law students who come simply to debate whether they should get BlackBerrys or iPhones. Meanwhile an international assortment of over a hundred bottles, including a healthy stock of Scottish, Brit, and Australian varieties, are lit up in coolers. The room, covered in dark wood, is sleeker than when it housed neighborhood institution Harry’s Burritos, but the food remains hearty and playful: You can build your own sandwiches using a multitude of ingredients. Wisconsin cheese curds are available for the slightly less famished; entrees like a salad of grilled chicken with charred corn and black beans, for the hungrier but healthier.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu