Mon-Sat, 6pm-2am; Sun, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
F, J, M, Z at Delancey St.-Essex St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with barbellynyc.com
The Fat Radish kids' oyster bar features Phil Winsler's mid-century Europe- and Americana-inflected design, which includes an "Airstream-inspired bar" and tables silk-screened with game boards. There's a built-in piano where performers show several times a week, and requestable vintage records will play the rest of the time—including the occasional track from Blues legend Leadbelly, i.e., Huddie William Ledbetter, himself.
The food menu offers oysters from both coasts (which you can get for a buck during happy hour), and half a dozen or so well-curated small plates, including savory beet-and-chard crumble with goat cheese and hazelnuts, the hefty scotch egg served with grainy mustard, and a gratin rich with peekytoe crab, leeks, and cheddar. While wine and beer are available, the superbly crafted cocktails are where it’s at: go with the Nice & Stormy (Blackwell rum, fresh ginger, lime, ginger beer) if you feel like something simple and clean, or try the East Pole Manhattan (Bulleit rye, Ramazotti, Cherry Heering, Angostura bitters) if you’re in need of a warm-up.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu