the little owl
Mon-Fri, noon-2:30pm and 5pm-11pm; Sat, 10:30am-2:30pm and 5pm-11pm; Sun, 10:30am-2:30pm and 5pm-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.; A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Notable Wine List
- Online Reservation
- Beer and Wine Only
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
The little owl is another neighborly little place where the high quality of the cooking is out of all proportion to the restaurant’s unassuming size. There are ten tables in the tidy white space, and 28 chairs, and the most arresting feature of the room is the ceiling, made from antique stamped tin and painted gold. Thirteen dollars buys several plump grilled scallops served over a green, cheesy risotto mixed with fresh spinach and nuggets of lobster. These intricate little creations are the handiwork of Joey Campanaro, who used to work for Danny Abrams (the Harrison, the Red Cat) and who has perfected that chef’s uniquely pleasing American bistro style.Note
The wine list offers a nice selection of half-bottles, and the big bottles are generally well chosen and never over $100.
Sat.–Sun., 10:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m.
Fans of Joey Campanaro’s (of Kenmare fame) lauded Little Owl restaurant can enjoy his Mediterranean-influenced menu, including perennial favorites like the gravy meatball sliders, at their wedding receptions. From $275 to $300 (all-inclusive). Ideal Meal
Crispy soft-shell crab, pork chop, warm chocolate cake.
New York Magazine Reviews
Best of New York Awards
- Adam Platt's Where to Eat 2009
- Where to Eat 2008
- Restaurant Openings: Pies-N-Thighs, The Little Owl, Fairway
Recipes at the little owl
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu