Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Diners Club, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Canal St. to 23rd St., First Ave. to West Side Hwy.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
There are times when only a slice will do after a night of serious barhopping, so for partygoers near Washington Square Park, The Pizzeria is a no-brainer. Poised on a boisterous block, this spot caters to a late-night clientele by serving up large slices until 6 a.m. on weekends. The brick-walled shop, open since 2000, is no frills, with counter service and red-and-white checkered tablecloths. There’s also plenty of seating and large glass windows for people-watching. And while the brick-oven-fired pizzas behind the glass counter—itself mounted on a display of wooden wine cases—don’t dazzle with fine ingredients, they do make for satisfying slices. In addition to serving the basic cheese and pepperoni-dotted varieties, The Pizzeria cooks up a ricotta-and-chicken pie that always tastes fresh—probably because the dough is handmade on the premises.Recommended Dishes
Mozzarella slice, $2.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu