- READER REVIEWS
Mon.-Thu., 5:45 p.m.-9:45 p.m.; Fri.-Sat., 5:45 p.m.-10:45 p.m., Sun., closed
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 86th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Notable Wine List
- Full Bar
Tina Vaughn has been matching wines to her husband Chip Smith’s food since their first restaurant in North Carolina. Not so much a chilly sommelier as a giddy grape nut, Vaughn has a knack for flavor combinations and a desire to please—even customers who’ll only drink red with flounder paupiettes. Submit to her, though, at $45 per, and you’ll learn how the 2010 Domaine Bechtold Pinot Gris Silberberg “just loves” the sweetbreads’ mustard beurre blanc, and why a certain Alsatian Gewürztraminer is a lardon-studded Caesar’s best friend. As for that flounder: What better than a floral white from the restaurant’s Provençal namesake, Château Simone?
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu