The Village Den Restaurant
Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; L at Eighth Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Beer and Wine Only
Bleecker St. to 22nd St., Broadway to 11th Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
A wall of this Greenwich Village diner is taken up by a rendition of da Vinci’s The Last Supper, but instead of Jesus and his apostles, the painter himself sits at the center flanked by a who’s-who of New York icons: Sinatra, Jackie O, Joe DiMaggio, etc. The rest of the interior is decidedly less A-list, though: Dark wooden tables, booths, and window frames, plus plenty of sidewalk seating with a great view of the towering Equinox gym cattycorner. Should the basic diner grub have you thinking, But I could make this at home, you’re right. Look no further for instructions, either: A selection of beginner’s cookbooks lines the shelf opposite the mural.
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl