Nearby Subway Stops
C at Clinton-Washington Aves.; G at Clinton-Washington Aves.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Chef Jon Wallace’s seasonal American restaurant allows him to elevate his comfort food background (Buttermilk Channel, Thistle Hill Tavern) in a casual setting. The dining room is understated: think wooden tables and dangling light bulbs. The menu ranges from shareable apps to filling, meaty entrees. The duo scallop appetizer is heavily seasoned and crisply seared, and the chicken liver pâté is generously portioned and nicely paired with bleu cheese and sweet, homemade grapefruit jam. On the entrée side: The kitchen grinds its own beef for the house burger, a juicy short ribs and beef shoulder patty on a homemade bun, with thick-cut fries. Plentiful mussels in watery broth pale in comparison to the tasty oxtail, which is served over an equally rich polenta. The all-domestic wine list continues the locavore theme, with a high concentration on New York State vineyards.Recommended Dishes
Scallops, $11; Wallace burger, $13
- Pizzeria Debuts Trump Pizza, Sliced Small for People With Tiny Fingers
- Donald Trump Celebrates Cinco de Mayo With ‘the Best Taco Bowls’
- New York Times Getting Into the Business of Delivering Food to People’s Homes
- The Metrograph Movie House Serves Steak Tartare at Its Commissary
- Jewish Leader Accuses Michelin of Being Anti-Semitic