This venue is closed.
You can call the Windsor (not to be confused with Double Windsor) a hangout for those who’ve outgrown Dorrian’s, are too young for the '21' Club, and too “downtown” for P.J. Clarke’s, but whatever you do, don’t call it a sports bar. Don’t be fooled by the flat-screen TVs that may or may not be blaring a basketball game; there’s talk of the screens being covered with artwork when it’s not prime game time. The space has been entirely outfitted by Ralph Lauren, from the pinstripe-suit material lining the walls, to the burgundy leather booths, to the detailing in the ceiling (constructed by the same expert who designed the store’s uptown mansion).
Chef Kristine Mana-ay has constructed a menu of upscale comfort food, including a Guinness-battered cod fish and a girlfriend-friendly organic turkey burger. Her fondness for truffle oil hasn’t been left behind (it’s both in an aïoli on the burger and slipped into a brioche grilled cheese) and in the near future, she'll be making ricotta waffles for brunch.
- Restaurateur Jailed for Serving Cheap Curry That Killed a Customer
- There’s Now a Restaurant on a Floating Barge in Greenpoint
- New York Times Demands Sheeple Wake Up and Quit Worshipping Breakfast
- Bourdain and Obama Chilled Over Noodles and Beer in Vietnam
- Beyond Meat Debuts Its First ‘Fresh’ Veggie Burger at Whole Foods