Sun-Thu, 11:30am-2am; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-5am
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Canal St. to Houston St., Bowery to West St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
When it comes to highest restaurant turnover, it’s a toss-up between West 8th Street and MacDougal Street, where holdouts like Mamoun’s and the Olive Tree Café are exceptions to the rule. The strip’s latest arrival, Thelewala, is an Indian-street-food challenger to the Kati Roll Company down the block, specializing in “The Famous Nizami Rolls” of owner Shiva Natarajan’s native Kolkata. These are stuffed with fillings like minced lamb, lime paneer, and chicken that the menu ensures is antibiotic-and-hormone-free. There is also a small chaat selection and a curry or two, and the spot’s name means “street food vendor” — a job title that doesn’t quite apply to Natarajan, who came to the States to earn an MBA before launching a restaurant group that now includes Chola, Dhaba, Bhojan, and Little Thai Kitchen.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu