Sun-Thu, 11:30am-2am; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-5am
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Late-Night Dining
- Online Ordering
- No Alcohol
Canal St. to Houston St., Bowery to West St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
When it comes to highest restaurant turnover, it’s a toss-up between West 8th Street and MacDougal Street, where holdouts like Mamoun’s and the Olive Tree Café are exceptions to the rule. The strip’s latest arrival, Thelewala, is an Indian-street-food challenger to the Kati Roll Company down the block, specializing in “The Famous Nizami Rolls” of owner Shiva Natarajan’s native Kolkata. These are stuffed with fillings like minced lamb, lime paneer, and chicken that the menu ensures is antibiotic-and-hormone-free. There is also a small chaat selection and a curry or two, and the spot’s name means “street food vendor” — a job title that doesn’t quite apply to Natarajan, who came to the States to earn an MBA before launching a restaurant group that now includes Chola, Dhaba, Bhojan, and Little Thai Kitchen.
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s