Third Rail Coffee
Mon-Fri, 7am-8pm; Sat-Sun, 8am-8pm
Nearby Subway Stops
A, B, C, D, E, F, M at W. 4th St.-Washington Sq.
- No Alcohol
In the eternal quest for a cleaner, brighter, better cup, coffee mavens have utilized French presses, Clover machines, and drip bars. The new Third Rail Coffee, a cubbyhole cafe near NYU, takes a fresh approach: filtering its single-origin roasts directly into Chemex flasks. Other things you’ll find there include bench seating, assorted pastries, cold-brewed iced coffee, and a sunny and serious staff.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu