This venue is closed.
Before Danube, before Wallsé, before Cafe Sabarsky, there was Vienna 79 and its pioneering chef, Thomas Ferlesch, who after an eleven-year run at Café des Artistes has reemerged in Fort Greene, where he’s opened this Viennese bistro. Think Wiener schnitzel, think beef goulash, and, especially, think dessert, like farmer-cheese strudel and linzertorte (mit schlag).Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 10:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Mon.; three courses, $19.55
- Silicon Valley Start-Up Working to Create a World Where All Pizza Is Cooked by Robots
- Japanese Chain Debuts Predictably Bonkers Ghostbusters Burgers
- Brooklyn’s Take Root Will Host Its First Designer Pop-up This Weekend
- The Stonewall Inn Is Now a National Monument
- IHOP Staffers Turned Their Entire Restaurant Into an All-out Brawl