This venue is closed.
Before Danube, before Wallsé, before Cafe Sabarsky, there was Vienna 79 and its pioneering chef, Thomas Ferlesch, who after an eleven-year run at Café des Artistes has reemerged in Fort Greene, where he’s opened this Viennese bistro. Think Wiener schnitzel, think beef goulash, and, especially, think dessert, like farmer-cheese strudel and linzertorte (mit schlag).Brunch
Sat.–Sun., 10:30 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Mon.; three courses, $19.55
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu