Timi's Gelateria Classica Italiana
This venue is closed.
Gian Luca Giovanetti of Perbacco, Gnocco, and Café Pick Me Up is behind this chain with stores in Rome, Romania, Mexico, and China. The first U.S. location is a combination gelato shop, mozzarella bar, and Lavazza café. The gelato, we’re assured, is made daily in small batches, and consists of 80 percent hormone-free milk from upstate, 14 percent percent sugar, and local ingredients (a video of the computerized machine that produces the gelato shows what we’re told is a small amount of powdered sweetners being used). The gelato goes into brioche sandwiches, parfaits, sundaes, affogati, and frappés, as well as Frulattis (gelato-based smoothies) and zanier creations such as “ice cream lasagna.”
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu