- READER REVIEWS
Sun-Thu, 7:30am-9pm; Fri-Sat, 8:30am-10:30pm
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Great Desserts
- No Alcohol
Waverly Pl. to 27th St., Second Ave. to Seventh Ave.
This venue is closed.
You might feel as though you've walked into an appropriated nightclub upon entering Tisserie: Sleek wood veneer and peach plaster coat every inch of the David Rockwell–designed décor, and a giant case displays scores of tarts, quiche, pastries, and sandwiches. Where did the liquor go? Lunch options are average except for the quiche, which comes in more than five daily varieties such as truffled leek or, more unconventionally, roasted sweet plantain. Plantains aren't the only South American touch here; the Venezuelan owners sell savory Pastelitos—puff pastries filled with either ricotta cheese or turkey and cream cheese. Top dessert choices are dulce de leche in an airy cheesecake and dark chocolate brownie made with 100 percent Venezuelan cocoa. If you can get past the confusing, multi-station ordering process, head up the spiral staircase in the back to a generous seating area encased in wood. There are also made-to-order salads and pizza to bring with you.Recommended Dishes
Truffled leek quiche $5.99, dulce de leche cheesecake $5.75
- Here’s What Bourdain Learned by Eating Noodles With President Obama
- The Future of Vegan Food Could Include Artificial Oysters and Veggie-Based Blue Cheese
- Founder of Acclaimed Whiskey Brand WhistlePig Ousted Over Fraud Accusations
- Olive Garden Stakes Its Future on ‘Spaghetti Pie’
- Pravda, Another Formerly Trendy Soho Relic, Will Close Next Month