Nearby Subway Stops
1 at 79th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Dine at the Bar
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
75th St. to 85th St., Columbus Ave. to Riverside Dr.
This venue is closed.
“We are trying to get away from being a wine bar or just a restaurant,” says Sojourn alum Stanton Du Toit of his "wine restaurant." So at Tolani (South African slang for “too good”), he serves dishes representing regions all over the world and varietals to match. “Think Tuscany and carbonara with a Barbara or New Zealand and a bright Sauvignon Blanc with mussels,” he says. The menu of $4 to $21 dishes (rotating on a weekly basis depending on what’s in season) is handled by Cesare De Chellis, with Le Cirque executive chef Craig Hopson consulting. Featured items include: A green-papaya-and-cucumber salad with peanuts and crisp rice, grilled quail with dates and bulgur wheat, tiger prawns with peri-peri, and coconut carrot soup, fragrant with lemongrass and lime.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu