Tomo Sushi and Sake Bar
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Cathedral Pkwy./110th St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Dine at the Bar
- Open Kitchens / Watch the Chef
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Beer and Wine Only
- Sake and Soju
85th St. to 140th St., Fifth Ave. to Riverside Dr.
This venue is closed.
With its location just a few steps from Columbia's campus, it's no surprise that Tomo Sushi and Sake Bar is a student hangout, with a few faculty thrown into the mix. Its neat design, color scheme of neutral hues, and thoughtful touches like slip-covered seats provide a welcoming break from both classroom and dormitory: Groups of coeds and new-in-love couples seem content here. The same would not be true of those with highly evolved sushi palates, but they're not looking for Tomo's variety of frosh-friendly food. The dozen noodle soup options accommodate vegetarians, and even vegans. The usual selection of rolls, sushi, and sashimi are just fine for spicy tuna fans and their friends. Oddly, for a self-described sake bar the choices are limited, but like everything else at Tomo, it fulfills the basic requirements of a 100-level syllabus.Note
Reservations are only accepted for parties of 3 or more.Recommended Dishes
Tomo ramen, $9.75; yam tempura roll, $5.50
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu