Nearby Subway Stops
A, C, E at 14th St.; 1 at 18th St.; 1 at Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Live Music
- Sake and Soju
- Full Bar
Houston St. to 23rd St., Broadway to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
With slick atmospherics and solid Pad Si-Eew, Toons stands apart from your average neighborhood Thai joint. While there’s nothing revelatory about the food, those who hunger for a changeup from Thai curries and panfried noodles can look to the chef’s specials, like Special in Honor of the King (an omelet-wrapped panfried chicken breast with peanut sauce) and Ped Ya La (crispy fried duck with tamarind sauce). Chic, dimly-lit, and affordable, Toons doesn’t skimp on the atmosphere either, with scarlet walls, pendant halogen lights, and fresh flowers carefully arranged in glass vases. If you’re angling toward dessert, don’t pass up on the Banana in Coconut Cream.Recommended Dishes
Pad Thai, $10.95; koon lad prig, $16.95; banana in coconut cream, $4
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu