Mon-Wed; 11:30am-midnight; Thu-Fri, 11:30am-1am; Sat, 11am-1am; Sun, 11am-midnight
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Good for Groups
- Full Bar
Tortaria bridges the gap between the taco and sandwich trends. The 65-seat restaurant, co-owned by Howard Berke of Caliente Cab Co., doubles as a bodega selling Mexican pantry staples; there's also a full bar specializing in fresh-squeezed-fruit margaritas and Mexican beers. Torta sandwiches in varieties like pulled pork or short ribs are a highlight on the menu, while taquitos on house-made corn tortillas are another option, along with apps, soups, and salads.
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu