Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6 at 59th St.; N, Q, R at Lexington Ave.-59th St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Good for Groups
- Late-Night Dining
- Beer and Wine Only
This venue is closed.
Located across the street from the 59th Street Bridge, the Tramway Diner features nearly floor-to-ceiling windows with eye-catching views of the airborne cable cars ascending to and descending from Roosevelt Island with hypnotic consistency. Grab a window seat at one of the high-backed leather-and-wood booths and you’ll quickly find yourself glorifying the standard menu’s little enhancements like fresh-squeezed orange juice, burgers that weigh eight ounces, and a handful of sandwiches of the triple decker sort. And since the Tramway has a liquor license, you can always stop in for a beer if you simply want to enjoy the visuals.Recommended Dishes
Reuben panini, $9.95; Belgian waffle with fruit and whipped cream, $9.75
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu