Nearby Subway Stops
J, Z at Bowery; B, D at Grand St.; 6 at Spring St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Brunch - Weekend
- Great Desserts
- Late-Night Dining
- Notable Chef
- Full Bar
This venue is closed.
Owner Danae Cappelletto, a veteran of the Australian restaurant biz (and grand-daughter of Giuseppe R. Cappelletto, chef at the Sydney Opera House), hired a lobbyist to convince the local community board of her good, Mediterranean intentions for the former little Charlie's Clam Bar space. A year later, here she is — with onetime Babbo sous-chef and Top Chefalum Manuel Treviño at the helm. Treviño’s Mediterranean dishes will, of course, be quite a bit more refined than the red-sauce dishes at Little Charlie’s (pastas such as pappardelle and spaghettini will be made in-house),you’ll notice a Charlie’s Linguine on the menu with pancetta, Long Island clams, and fire-roasted tomato sauce. The pastry chef is Marisa Croce — like Treviño (who was at one time chef at Dos Caminos), she’s a B.R. Guest alum, and she also put in time at Dressler.
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu