Mon-Fri, 7am-10:30am, 11:30am-2:30pm, and 5pm-11pm; Sat, 7am-noon and 5pm-11pm; Sun, 7am-noon
Nearby Subway Stops
B, D, F, M at 42nd St.-Bryant Park; 7 at Fifth Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Business Lunch
- Great Desserts
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Online Reservation
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
In Midtown’s Iroquois Hotel, an ambitious but uneven menu attracts moneyed tourists on their way to Broadway shows. The deceptively small dining area seems larger, with well-placed mirrors and a handful of generously spaced tables. A private tete-a-tete seems entirely possible, though the chilly, stark white walls and cool lighting cast an anti-intime chill. The menu here would do Escoffier proud; rich stocks and cream sauces enrich most dishes, with distinctly mixed modern interpretations. Scallops bathed in foie gras butter are packed with flavor, which trumps their overcooked texture. Far better are traditional mains like sole meunier, served lightly with toasted almonds, fingerling potatoes flavored with lemon, and a pile of green beans. Vive la France, and never mind the cholesterol.
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations