Tulcingo Del Valle
Mon-Sat, 8am-10pm; Sun, 10am-10pm
Nearby Subway Stops
C, E at 50th St.
- Good for Groups
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
34th St. to 57th St., Fifth Ave. to West Side Hwy.
A Hell's Kitchen Mexican deli made good, Tulcingo annexed the store next door for a full-fledged sit-down restaurant—tablecloths, white Zinfandel, and all. The setting is nice and the service nicer, but you're here for the food, which is fresh, well seasoned, and extremely filling. Skip the antojitos and soups (except maybe for the soothing posole) if you want do full justice to a plato, which you will. Especially if it's the pipian de pollo, a couple of long-cooked chicken parts in a verdant sea of creamy pumpkinseed sauce that is so ample it will employ every single steamed tortilla in the basket. Of the three abnormally fresh, flavorful house salsas, green is best.Recommended Dishes
Enchiladas con mole poblano, $12.95; chiles rellenos, $13.50
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu