Turks & Frogs Tribeca
Nearby Subway Stops
1 at Canal St.; A, C, E at Canal St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
- Full Bar
- Make a Reservation with opentable.com
Duane St. to Christopher St., Sixth Ave. to Washington St.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
This venue is closed.
Osman Cakir, who converted a West Village antiques shop into a cozy wine bar called Turks & Frogs, expanded his Ottoman (and ottoman) empire with a full-fledged Turkish restaurant in Tribeca. He has outfitted a former stonemason's studio with French and Turkish antiques, a bar up front and a lounge in back. Cold meze are presented in traditional Turkish style on a large round tray, from which diners choose among stuffed grape leaves, bean salads, and multiple lush variations on an eggplant theme (smoked, baked, and stuffed). Lebni, the thick yogurt with walnuts, is as rich and delicious as the coban salad is crunchy and refreshing. Do justice to the meze, though, and you might have to forgo the entrées—but make sure to sample the Turkish wines, which come with enthusiastic commentary from the owner.
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?
- Tony Danza’s Side Hustle Is Selling Mozzarella