- READER REVIEWS
Tue-Sat, 5pm-10pm; Sun-Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
R at Union St.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Beer and Wine Only
Two Toms is the kind of family restaurant where waiters in shorts rattle off the evening's fare, kids dart between the chairs, and adults pass around wine from a jug. The bright American Legion-style room is one long hall with rows of tables to accommodate robustly celebrating groups, and, since there's no written menu, the close proximity with other diners makes it easy to pick your entrée judging from the best-looking plates. Among the specialties are savory baked littleneck clams and breadcrumb-dusted scampi. Huge portions of broiled double pork-chops are simply seasoned and lightly charred. There's a help-yourself honor system for beer and soda, which suits the homestyle, working-class spirit of the place just fine.Recommended Dishes
Baked clams, $18 per dozen; shrimp scampi, $18; double pork chops, $16
- Here Are 2016’s James Beard Restaurant and Chef Award Winners
- FBI Looking for Man Who Sprinkled ‘Unknown Liquid Substance’ Around Whole Foods
- Taliban Fighters Are Unimpressed With McDonald’s Food
- Grumpy Del Taco Manager Fired After Not Understanding How Easy It Is to Post a Video Online
- Will Chickpea Water Be the Next Kale?