Sun-Tue, 11:30am-11pm; Wed-Thu, 11:30am-midnight; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-2am
Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Beer and Wine Only
Grand St. to 14th St., Ave. C to Third Ave.
- Order Delivery with seamless.com
With their second East Village pizzeria, husband-and-wife Phil Hartman and Doris Kornish combine their two great passions: film and food. To that end, this Two Boots grafted a video store onto a pizza parlor. Inside the restaurant, B-movie posters, bright-red banquettes, and Jetsons-style light fixtures add a retro-kitsch feel. Befitting the theme, the couple christened their cornmeal-dusted, thin-crust pies with names referencing cult figures from television and the silver screen: the Larry Tate (Darrin’s boss in Bewitched), Mr. Pink (Buscemi in Reservoir Dogs), and Tony Clifton (Andy Kaufman’s lounge-act alter ego). Acknowledging the mini-chain’s culinary namesakes—the boots in question represent Italy and Louisiana—Two Boots also serves up po’ boys (ask for the garlic mayonnaise).
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu