Union Square Cafe
Nearby Subway Stops
4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R at 14th St.-Union Sq.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Business Lunch
- Dine at the Bar
- Hot Spot
- Notable Wine List
- Singles Scene
- Special Occasion
- Full Bar
Temporarily closed. Will reopen spring 2016 at new location.
Yes, the rooms are a little cramped, and after twenty years, those scrawled murals on the wall look like some early Martha Stewart experiment gone horribly awry. But consistency and good cheer are the keys to Danny Meyer’s perennially popular, Zagat-approved restaurant. And nowhere else are uncommon combinations so seamlessly incorporated into dishes (so as to never frighten the buttoned-down natives). Surprisingly, vegetarians will eat better here than at any of their hallowed haunts. The bar is a great place to lunch solo. And the banana tart with honey-vanilla ice cream can make you act the fool.Light Bar Menu
Daily, 2:30 p.m.–4 p.m.
Can be made up to 28 days in advance.
- The Individual Coffee Roasters You’ll Find at Union Square Hospitality Group’s Restaurants
- Where to Find the Best Late-Summer BLTs
- 101 Best New York Restaurants for 2006
- Founding Fathers
Recipes at Union Square Cafe
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu