Upstairs at '21'
Tue-Sat, 5:30pm-10pm; Sun-Mon, closed
Nearby Subway Stops
E, M at Fifth Ave.-53rd St.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Classic NY
- Good for Groups
- Notable Chef
- Notable Wine List
- Private Dining/Party Space
- Theater District
- Full Bar
It's a testimony to the quick-change, upside-down nature of recession Manhattan that a joint that rose to prominence serving bootleg liquor during Prohibition now seeks to peddle gastronomic opulence on the sly, with a little wink, as if shaved black truffles and pats of overpriced foie gras have suddenly become some form of exotic contraband.Dress Code
Men, jacket required; no jeans or sneakers.
Tue.-Fri., 5:30 p.m.-6:30 p.m., $37; daily, after 6:30 p.m., $75
New York Magazine Reviews
- Scientists Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu