Sun-Wed, 5pm-10:30pm; Thu-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Great Desserts
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
At this seafood gem, brick and red walls house an intimate bar, small wooden tables, and mismatched chairs, with lighting dark enough to require a cellphone light. Eight weekly varieties of beers on tap are all sourced from breweries in the surrounding areas. The menu is a collection of seafood-centric fare—fettuccine with clams, a daily salmon, seasonal specials—and chef Kary Goolsby really shines at perfectly boozy indulgences. A large order of beer-steamed mussels (choose your own beer!) and a rich, satisfying seafood bouillabaisse have just a hint of alcohol, served with slices of whole grain bread to soak up both homey broths. The only other necessity is the sweet and subtle burn of whiskey cake on the house, a family recipe made fresh every day.
- The Rise of the Power Sushi Restaurant
- 25-Ton Potato Spill Blocks Off North Carolina Highway for Hours
- Man Who Sprayed Rodenticide in Whole Foods Believed People Were Trying to Poison Him
- Columbia Tells Student He’s Done Running That Restaurant in His Dorm Room
- Kings County Distillery’s Tasting Room Opens Tonight With Whiskey Pops, Manhattans, and More