Sun-Wed, 5pm-10:30pm; Thu-Sat, 5pm-11pm
Nearby Subway Stops
6 at Astor Pl.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- Bar Scene
- Dine at the Bar
- Great Desserts
- Reservations Not Required
- Beer and Wine Only
At this seafood gem, brick and red walls house an intimate bar, small wooden tables, and mismatched chairs, with lighting dark enough to require a cellphone light. Eight weekly varieties of beers on tap are all sourced from breweries in the surrounding areas. The menu is a collection of seafood-centric fare—fettuccine with clams, a daily salmon, seasonal specials—and chef Kary Goolsby really shines at perfectly boozy indulgences. A large order of beer-steamed mussels (choose your own beer!) and a rich, satisfying seafood bouillabaisse have just a hint of alcohol, served with slices of whole grain bread to soak up both homey broths. The only other necessity is the sweet and subtle burn of whiskey cake on the house, a family recipe made fresh every day.
- Colonia Verde’s Next Sunday Asado Features Alex Raij and Fany Gerson
- Levain Bakery, and Its Tremendous Cookies, Are Moving to a Bigger Space
- Starbucks Introduces Nitrogen-Infused Cold Brew, Just Wants to Be One of the Cool Kids
- ‘Renegade’ Ice-Cream Trucks Terrorizing Mister Softee Drivers
- Classic Desserts Are Returning to New York Menus