Nearby Subway Stops
F at Second Ave.
American Express, MasterCard, Visa
- No Alcohol
Wall St. to 14th St., FDR Dr. to West Side Hwy.
This venue is closed.
Susan Austin describes herself as a 30-minute chef and a lifelong foodie who's worked in importing, manufacturing, marketing, and fashion. In October 2006, she chucked all that to follow her culinary bliss at Urban Lobster, the twelve-seat East Village clam shack she's opened with her husband, Rony Brovda. Their menu, which Austin intends to sell mostly for takeout and delivery (via a tricked-out Scion xB), covers such familiar turf—make that surf—as chowders and bisques, lobster bakes, and peel-and-eat shrimp. You might expect an old salt to be at the helm of such a staunchly traditional operation, but only the seafood comes from Maine and Canada. Austin's from the Five Towns.Extra
The owners say there is no such thing as market price; all menu prices are set.Recommended Dishes
Lobster roll, $19
- Scientists â€‹Pretty Sure Humans Could Eat Food Grown in Martian Soil
- Another Restaurant Bites the Dust on Clinton Street
- A Talented Pastry Chef Will Open a New Bakery in the Rockaways
- This 3-D Food Printer Actually Makes Pizza So You Don’t Have To
- Bergen Hill Relocates to Noho With a Seafood-Heavy Menu