Mon-Thu, 11:30am-10:15pm; Fri-Sat, 11:30am-11:15; Sun, noon-10:15pm
Nearby Subway Stops
C at Clinton-Washington Aves.; C, S at Franklin Ave.
American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Online Ordering
Eastern Pkwy. to Greene Ave., Rogers Ave. to Flatbush Ave.
- Order Delivery with vegetarianpalatebrooklyn.com
Everything is not as it seems at this mock-meat haven (which moved to Prospect Heights from its original Park Slope location), where diehard vegans, curious couples, and Brooklyn blue-collars gather to feast on massive portions of soy oddities like Cornish game “hen” and crispy “eel.” Most of the menu is dedicated to reconstructing Asian classics with bean curd and wheat protein, and many dishes do justice to their meaty muses: A soothing, rich curry of “chicken” and potatoes is balanced with subtle heat, while roast “goose” showcases tofu-skin-wrapped mushrooms and bean sprouts, fried until each piece looks and crunches like a hunk of bronzed bird. Pseudo spare ribs and Peking duck will leave most omnivores longing for the real thing and possibly inspire a detour to one of the cheesesteak or taco joints around the corner for some beefy “dessert.”Recommended Dishes
Spinach dumplings, $6; crispy fried noodle with mixed vegetables, $7.95; chicken curry with potatoes, $12.50
- You Can Feel Good About Eating This Inception Doughnut Because It’s Vegan
- Roberta’s Set to Take ‘Significant’ Investment From Tisch Family Member
- Watching a Machine From the 1800s Make Candy Is a Surprisingly Satisfying Way to End the Week
- NYC Can Start Fining Restaurants for Salt-Label Violations
- Broadway’s Megan Hilty Eats Her First Proper Dinner at Sardi’s